We all know that swimsuit season or spring break is approaching and I constantly hear moaning and groaning about how pasty white you feel you may be, or how you don’t like your cellulite or your thighs or your ….. we all have our things! But I’m here to tell you that life is much too short to complain about these things! We need to embrace who we are and what we look like right now and dress to flatter our bodies (if that’s your thing)!
I’m a size 12/14- I rarely wear a bikini anymore- BUT that doesn’t mean I’m not going to put on a damn cute one piece and rock this mom bod of mine at the beach next month on spring break with my kiddos!!! We are much too hard on ourselves ladies!! Let’s live life a bit and have some fun at the beach/pool/hot tub…. so I’m putting together a few of my favorite one pieces that won’t break the bank and flatter my curvy but sexy body!! I hope you continue to read on and one of these I share will make you happy this swim season as well! (all photos below were taken in my bedroom with crappy lighting, but my butt was NOT going outside in 32 degree temps to shoot swimsuits right now- hence why I’m describing them so well for ya below)!!
In the photo above I’ve got 7 suits I’ll chat about. All of them are affordable, figure flattering, and so cute if I do say so myself! So let’s get started in 3….2….1
1. The off the shoulder mesh suit. I love this one for many reasons: first, that mesh detail is so subtly sexy, don’t you agree?! I like the one shoulder detail as I don’t own a suit like this yet- well until now. I also appreciate that it offers moderate coverage in front and back and the fit is so good!! I’m in the size Large.
2. The ruffle detail deep plunge suit. Ok, I adore the color of this one, and any suit with feminine ruffles (it has them on the back too) is totally right up my alley! The suit provides great coverage but still looks fun and flirty! I’m in the large in this one as well and it fits great!
3. The sporty zip up suit. I’ve been wanting a suit with a zipper for a long time- one that still looked sporty and sexy at the same time, and I finally found it!! No joke, this suit is legit awesome. It also has side seaming so it’s crazy flattering and it has a faux leather-type material up by the straps for more detail. I’m again in the large.
4. The infamous off the shoulder floral suit. This suit has been my #1 seller last year and again this year. For one, it’s under $20, and in my highlights on my Instagram page I show you how you can also wear it one shoulder and a trick I do when I’m laying out so I don’t get tan lines! Ok- back to fit- I’m in the xl and I needed to size up so it would fit my torso. This suit is a bit cheeky, but still appropriate and keeps you covered and doesn’t ride up where you don’t want it too, lol!! Oh and for under $20 the quality is pretty darn good too!!
5. The animal print with lace up back suit. It’s no secret that I LOVE animal print, so this suit came home with me! You’ll have to definitely peek online too, because the back of this suit has such cute lace up details so it’s really a party in the front AND back!! I’m again in the size Large and love it!! The price is also amazing as is the quality.
6. The lattice detail side cut out suit. This suit is definitely an attention grabber and it ultra sexy. If you don’t put this on and feel glam and confident then I’m not sure what will, lol. This is like the holy grail of sexy suits, no joke. I get compliments from complete strangers in this one!! I’m in the size 14 and it does also support larger chests and it’s avail in white as well. You will LOVE this suit!!
7. The paisley print waist cut out suit. In this suit I’m also wearing the size 14. It offers molded cups with underwire and a lovely cut out detail at the stomach which is fun and flirty! This suit is also fun- just look at the print, am I right!!! It also offers full bottom coverage and the quality is amazing!
So, there ya have it, my top 7 swimsuits that flatter. I hope a few of these spark some joy and give you some excitement for the upcoming swim season – I know I’m excited!!! Oh, and the black sarong I’m wearing in these photos can be found here or here. It’s my go to and I chose black because black goes with everything!!!
Leave me a comment below and tell me your fave of the suits I’ve mentioned!!!
Follow me in the LIKEtoKNOW.it app as well to stay up to date on all my affordable outfits and self confidence boosting styles!